It is in the deep state of meditation that we hear the wisdom of our soul.
This state is reached when the mental chatter of thoughts ceases and only silence pervades our whole being.
We realize deep truths about life in this deliberate act of inaction in a solitary environment.
All mystics talk about this state of heightened awareness.
We need not go out in the woods or on top of a mountain to attain this level of the superconscious state. An environment conducive to this inner practice can be created in a corner of our house.
A dedicated sacred place free from noise is well suited for this practice.
We need to follow these steps:
1. A comfortable seat to sit with our spine being in a straight position, our shoulders slightly pushed forward and our chin parallels to the ground.
2. Relaxing our bodily muscles and a little stretching of our limbs.
3. A regulated breathing exercise with a 6-3-6 pattern. 6 seconds for smooth breathing in, 3 seconds of holding our breath, and then 6 seconds of releasing it.
4. After doing the breathing exercise for 10-15 minutes, we can return to our natural speed of breathing.
5. Now we need to focus our attention on our breath and bring the mind back to our breath whenever we notice it getting distracted by any thoughts.
6. Continue step 5 for 20 to 50 mins.
With enough persistent practice, we will soon taste the nectar of higher states of consciousness. This practice is the essence of meditation.